IBM X3250 M4 1U Server, Intel Xeon, 2 2TB Western Digtal hard drives (wiped), 1 Power Supply & DVD drive.
Supported software: Linux SUSE & Red Hat. (Not Included)
IN STORE PRICE $179.99
IBM X3250 M4 1U SERVER (02)
Often small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) have limited IT budget and resources, and rely on partners or multitalented employees to help manage the company’s network. Business needs for efficiency improvement and retention of critical data require the use of a server that is easy to get up and running quickly and is dependable. You need to squeeze as much as possible out of your IT dollars, while saving cost on features not needed in an SMB environment. The System x3250 M4 is an ideal first server to meet those business needs. It was built for speed, yet eliminates costly design features found in general-purpose servers that are unnecessary for smaller businesses.
Scalability and performance
The x3250 M4 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- The single-socket x3250 M4 supports the new quad-core Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v2 family of processors ("Ivy Bridge") in a compact 1U rack design.
- Choice of processors with up to 4 cores to enable the effective use of multi-threaded applications.
- Intel Xeon Processor E3-1200 v2 family supports Intel Hyer-Threading Technology (except the Xeon E3-1220L) and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 to maximize performance.
- Up to 32GB of high-speed DDR3 system memory with four DIMM sockets.
- Memory speeds up to 1600 MHz supported on models with Xeon Processor E3-1200 v2.
- Two available high-performance PCI Express expansion slots, one PCIe 3.0 slot and one PCIe 2.0 slot.
- Two internal 3.5-inch simple-swap SATA II drive bays or four 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA drive bays (model dependent) offer low-cost/high-capacity enterprise-class storage. Up to 8TB of internal storage. Configurations with four 2.5" simple-swap drive bays available via CTO.
- Integrated ServeRAID C100 software RAID controller supports RAID 0, 1 and 10. Some models offer ServeRAID BR10il V2 or H1110 hardware RAID controller standard. Other hardware RAID options available.
- Integrated dual-port Gigabit Ethernet provides increased network throughput and redundancy with efficient slot-saving integration.
- An optional optical drive for installing software or backing up data.
- Seven USB 2.0 ports, two on the front, four on the back, and one internal for a embedded hypervisor